How can we improve the customer self service Apps?

Incorporate control of smart thermostats that PEPCO installs in homes.

79 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Michael Branagan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is my thermostat on App? It is gone. So why have a WiFi enabled thermostat? That is main reason I got this thermostat.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened to this feature? About a month ago the thermostat access on the phone stopped working. Please bring it back.

• L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had the programmable, Wi-Fi, energy wise thermostats installed in my home a month ago. I was told they could be programmed on your phone by the mobile app. I have called your customer service line numerous times, nobody seems to have an answer as to why this is still not working. It is beyond baffling to me that $1 billion company can’t get their act together and have a simple app work the way it was promised to.

• Jingo Yared commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pepco charging me over & over I don’t know why ?!
    Even I’m not at home 6 days a week but my electric bill is too high every month

I don’t know what can I do 😔

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While the app does have a nice little section where you can type in numbers and push buttons like “Temporary Hold” which makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, it doesn’t actually work or change the activity of the thermostat in the house.

Please fix the functionality

• Washington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nevermind what I said below. I found the thermostat programming section of the app. Sorry.

• Washington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had Pepco install the latest progammable thermostat about 6 months ago. The tech asked if I wanted to connect it to my mobile and I declined not wanting to spend the additional time. Now I install the app to find it has NO option for programming the thermostat. Both the user manual and the Pepco tech represented that this was possible. I can't see how Pepco can so badly misrepresent this feature (since 2012 evidently).

I clicked on this link to see if there was information on why the Petco app did not allow controlling the thermostat, since the thermostat manual indicated you could control from your cell phone, in fact it would be easier to control from your cell phone. How odd that the app is cited in the manual, but thermostat control is not available from the app. However, I was able to program my thermostat using my computer. I don't need to change it frequently, so that works OK for me for now.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, wish I had seen all these comments about the problems I'm having with the app as that would have prevented me having to go through all the bs that everyone has already gone through. I was assured that the link would show up in the app within 24 hours but why wasn't it already there? I totally agree with the comment that the thermostat should be a stand alone app.

• Maggie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the programmable thermostat. Using more energy. Not less. No customer service. Want old thermostat back. No link. No help. Horrible. Terrible.

Long time to be under review. Face up to providing it or admit you are not going to live up to the promise at installation.

On p7 of the user's manual for the wifi web programmable thermostat, under "getting started," it says log onto the self service app, then click link to "My Thermostat." THERE IS NO LINK! Unable to program, so why did I have this installed? The other was perfectly fine, and I could program from outside my home.

• DEBBIE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also had Pepco install their new WiFi thermometer and I still cannot program it thru their app. I was also told I would see my thermometer within 4days. I then contacted Pepco it would show after my next bill. Next bill was paid and still nothing. What a waste of time

Just got the newest generation Pepco EnergyWise WiFi thermostat installed today. I was told it would be controllable in three days but I'm reading horror stories here....

REGARDLESS, Pepco needs to release a STAND-ALONE app specifically to program and manage the thermostat. Since the regular Pepco app doesn't support Touch ID, I have to log in every time with my password, then navigate three screens just to get to the app that doesn't even connect to my thermostat yet.

This is unacceptable, Pepco. Use some of that huge amount of money you (and exelon) are making for something that directly improves service to your customers and brings you into the 21st century.

Thanks.

Seven months since mobile app was promised to be able to adjust the new thermostat Pepco installed. When will it be available?

Yeah my thermostat doesn't even show on my app or website. It says I have no devices connected. I'm about to get my old thermostat back.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base